Fourth Annual Alpine Cat Jamboree
Our fourth annual Alpine Cat Jamboree will once again be held in Joseph, Oregon. We are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Wallowa Lake Lodge again who will be accommodating the lodging and all of our meals. It worked out great last year being in the same location all together to where we could gather and meet in the mornings at breakfast, head out on our adventures with our sack lunches and close the night out with dinner in the lodge. Once again, the Jamboree will be sponsored by us, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, Tucker Sno-Cat Corp.,and the US Forest Service.
With the way things are going and having the Jamboree held two weeks later it looks very promising that the snow depth will be the best it has been for us since starting the Jamboree.
More details to come but here is what we have so far:
· Sno Cat Jamboree begins the evening of Thursday Jan. 26th and will continue Friday the 27th, Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th and our activities ending Mid day. For those who want to get a head start on travels, they can leave right after the activity on Sunday right after lunch about mid day. For those who want to get back to the lodge and just start their travels on Monday morning, they have the option of staying at the lodge an additional night Sunday night (the 29th) and leaving Monday morning. There will be an additional charge of $30 for dinner Sunday night for adults ($20 for kids) and then $20 for breakfast Monday morning for adults ($15 for kids).
· Accommodation cost will be $125 per night for one queen bedroom, $175 per night for double rooms that sleeps 4.
o Rooms include toiletries, all linens, and WIFI, but do not have phones, TVs, microwaves or refrigerators
o PLEASE NOTE: Wallowa Lake Lodge is a completely smoke and pet free facility. They are not ADA accessible.
· You can call the Lodge at 541.432.9821or email Madeline at Madeline@wallowalakelodge.com to reserve your room and pre-pay meals
o Please note, the Lodge office is not continually staffed but leave a message and June or Madeline will return the call ASAP
· Meals will be provided by the lodge at the cost of $220 per person for the entire weekend (includes gratuity). Kids 12 and under are $200 for the entire weekend.
The $220 weekend meal package includes the following (will update with menu as it becomes available).
o Dinner Thursday night the 26th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, Pit Party dinner Friday the 27th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch, dinner Saturday the 28th
o Full hot breakfast, sack lunch Sunday the 29th.
§ PLEASE let them know if anyone has dietary restrictions or allergies, they are not a gluten free facility
* For those who choose to stay an extra night on Sunday night, dinner will be an additional $30 per adult ($25 per child) and then breakfast Monday morning will be an additional $20 per adult ($15 per child).
Please make your reservations asap. There will be a cut off date for registration. I will post that date as soon as I confirm.
NOTE: If and when you guys reach out and make your reservations please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know so I can keep a head count for number of cats and number of people in your party. Please also include your contact information so I can include you in the group text messages that we send out for various reasons. Each registered cat gets an event poster so please let me know once you've registered so I can put you down for a poster.
ACTIVITY DAYS DETAILS:
I will be updating as it becomes more concrete. But, some of our activities will be played by ear regarding which date we will do them due to weather etc. But we will be doing the following:
o Summit Mt. Howard. Hopefully there will be a break in the weather because this provides some excellent views of Wallowa Mountains and Wallowa Lake.
o Salt Creek Summit view loop: This is a fun scenic loop and if it is clear weather you can see things like the Wallowa range, the Seven Devil’s Range in Idaho and Hells Canyon.
o Ferguson Ridge Ski Area: this will be more of just a play date and would like to do a hill climb competition. Trophy for the winner.
o Friday night Pit party at Wallowa Lake Lodge. We will be gathering all of the cats in the same location in front of the lodge and have this pit party event be available to the local community. They will be able to come and view the machines and ask any questions they may have. I believe we will be doing burgers and weenie roast that night. Should be a fun one!
We will also have some swag for giveaways provided by our sponsors, Alpine Cat Tours, Wallowa Alpine Huts, and Tucker Sno-Cat Corp.
For additional information and pictures others have shared from years past, feel free to join us over on the forums HERE.
Thanks and feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. This should be a really fun event with promising weather! Really looking forward to seeing everybody!